Saturday, February 26, 2011

Great Words from the Prophets

Isaiah 14-29 People with their minds set on You, You keep completely whole, steady on their feet, because they keep at it, and don’t quit. Depend on God & keep at it, because in the Lord God you have a sure thing.

Isaiah 30-41 ...I’ve been behind this all along. This is a long-standing plan of mine, and I’m just now making it happen.

Hezekiah was one of the good kings, and when he became sick, God heard his prayer for healing & added 15 years to his life. But, sometime later, he became prideful & tried to impress other rulers, not giving God the glory. Note to self: ALWAYS give God the glory!

God doesn’t come and go. God LASTS! I’ll give you strength and I‘ll help you. I’ll hold you steady and keep a firm grip on you…I’m telling you, “Don’t panic I’m right here to help you.”

Isaiah 42-54 (God’s servant) won’t tire out and quit. He won’t be stopped until he’s finished his work—-to set things right on earth.

God says He’ll take the hand of those who don’t know the way, who can’t see where they’re going. He’ll be a personal guide to (me), directing (me) in unknown country. He’ll show me what roads to take, always being right with me, making sure I don’t fall into a ditch. He’s sticking with me, not leaving me for a minute! When I’m in rough waters, I won’t go down. When I’m between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end! God paid a huge price for me. So I should never be afraid, God is with me!

Remember, God can build a road right through an ocean & carve a path through pounding waves. So…

…forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out, don’t you see it? God backs up the word of His servant & confirms the counsel of His messengers. No one who hopes in God ever regrets it.

Isaiah 55-55 If you…quit gossiping about other peoples’ sins, if you are generous with the hungry & start giving yourselves to the down and out, I will always show you where to go. I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places. You’ll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew.

Look ahead with joy! Anticipate what I’m creating. –Before they call out, I will answer. Before they’ve finished speaking, I’ll have heard.

Here is something God is looking for: a person simple and plain, and reverently responsive to what He says.

Jeremiah 1-10 Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you. I’ve put my words in your mouth. I’ve given you a job to do….to pull up & tear down, take apart and demolish, and then start over, building and planting.

Circumcise your lives for God’s sake. What do I need to cut away from my life, Lord? This takes me to Hebrews 12:1-3 where it tells me to get on with it. Strip down, start running--& never quit! No extra spiritual fat; no parasitic sins. I need to always remember to keep the main thing the main thing.

“If you brag, brag of this and this alone: That you understand and know Me. I’m God & I act in loyal love. I do what’s right & set things right and fair, and delight in those who do the same things. These are my trademarks.” God’s Decree.

I know, God, that mere mortals can’t run their own lives. That men and women don’t have what it takes to take charge of life. So, correct us, Lord, as You see best.

Jeremiah 11-23 To Jeremiah, from God: Obey what I tell you. Do exactly what I command you. Your obedience will close the deal. You’ll be mine and I’ll be yours. I, God, search the heart & examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.

Jeremiah 24-33 While in exile, God told His people to thrive where they were & not waste away. That has been my goal as I have waited these three years for the house to sell. Most of the time, it worked, but there were times when I longed forhome. God has the plans to give me the future I hope for. I have watched Him change the plan I hoped for over this time. And I know that has happened only because I “got serious about finding (Him) & wanted that more than anything else.” His Word says He’ll make sure I won’t be disappointed! PTL!

Jeremiah bought land even though he was in exile. I am packing, even thought we have a contingency. And God says, “Call to me & I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous & wondrous things you could never figure out on your own.” I’m calling out, Lord….

No comments:

Post a Comment