Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 2

Leviticus 16-26 Gad hates uncleanness, and He has a plan to get rid of it. Something that is holy is “set apart”. Set yourselves apart for a holy life. Live a holy life, b/c I am God, your God. DO what I tell you. I am the God who makes you holy.—Every action has a consequence. -- If I obey God’s decrees, He’ll set up residence in my neighborhood; He’ll stroll through my streets!

Leviticus 27-Numbers 8 God is very serious about how He should be worshiped. Every human circumstance is His concern & He has a way to deal with it. It seems harsh too me sometimes and that makes me realize that He takes holiness more seriously than I do. Time to adjust.

Numbers 9-21 I am(impatiently) waiting right now, and when I read about the Cloud, which was God’s presence, hovering over the Dwelling, it said it made no difference if the Cloud hovered 2 days or a month, or a year. They camped at God’s command, and the marched at God’s command. They lived obediently. A lesson right there...

Lord, I want You to speak to me like you did Moses---intimately…in plain talk without riddles.

When going to a new place, assess the people, observe the land, describe the towns. In other words, don’t do a lot of talking, pay attention to what’s going on around me.

God doesn’t like grumbling and complaining. He REALLY doesn’t like it!

Moses was called the most humble man on earth, and yet his anger (& stealing God’s glory) kept him from the Promised Land. Sobering thought. But even after this, God used him. What grace.

Numbers 22-36 If I don’t get rid of every last part of my enemy, it will always be giving me trouble. I can name some of them—laziness, gluttony, self-pity..

Deuteronomy 1-14 Just as God said to the Israelites, “I’ve given you this land. Now go and take it.” He has given me peace and freedom, but I need to go and take it. There is always my part to do in this life He has given me.

God said, “You’ve been going around in circles in these hills long enough; go north.” Lord, I’m tired of going in circles. Show me how to be effective and productive in what You have given me to do. And let me be relentless in the pursuit, Lord. Stay vigilant as long as you live. It’s always too soon to quit! Don’t ever forget that you were slaves. I want to remember what I’ve been delivered from.

Deuteronomy 15-23 Always be generous. God told them never to go back to Egypt again. (I want to remember this as I keep reading their history.) I must always be purging the evil from my life. Keep my “camp” holy; don’t permit anything indecent or offensive in God’s eyes. When you make a vow to God, don’t put off keeping it. You promised it, so do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment